• Registered Users :
  • 159148
  • Current Active Users :
  • 100988


  • May 06, 2019
  • Forgot to file income tax returns? Know your options

    The deadline for filing income tax returns (ITR) is July 31 for every assessment year. If you miss the deadline, you can always file a belated return by up to March 31 of the following year. If you have also missed the deadline for filing a belated return for the year 2016-17 and 2017-18, you cannot file a belated return anymore. Now, you can file return only on the direction of the income tax officer, i.e., if you receive a notice for not filing the return. In that case, an ITR can be filed in response to the notice. In the same manner, we can also file a condonation of delay request to the assessing officer. If the income tax officer is satisfied, he can allow us to file the ITR.