• Registered Users :
  • 163750
  • Current Active Users :
  • 103933

Post your Answer

(*) Fields are mandatory.

Answer Details

Question ID : 39341

Proof of Tax deduction in Foreign Country

Dear All, An assessee (Resident Individual) received income from US Company by way dividend on Stock Options held. Withholding tax has been deducted @ 25% on the Dividend Income by the Foreign Company/ Broker. Before filing ITR 2, we need to file Form 67, in order to claim credit of Tax deducted in Foreign Country. While filing Form 67, we need to attach the proof of Tax deduction in Foreign Country. We have Form 1042-S, for the Tax deducted during the period Jan – Dec 2018, whereas for the Period Jan – Mar 2019, we have only the broker statement. Is it sufficient to attach the Broker Statement for the period Jan – Mar 2019, or is there any other alternative. Please advise. Thanks,

posted by RAMAN on Aug 13 2019 12:00AM

Max 4000 Characters

Membership Detail