• Registered Users :
  • 161317
  • Current Active Users :
  • 102431

Your Answer

Question ID : 41129

Intra state transaction or interstate transaction

If Mr. A is residing in Maharashtra state and has GST registration in the state of Maharashtra. Mr . A has commercial building in another state i.e. Gujarat and this building is rented out to school for education activities. Our queries are as under. 1. Whether this transaction is exempt or taxable 2. If taxable then Mr. A can raise Tax invoice from the sate of Maharashtra and charge IGST or Mr. A needs to obtain separate registration in the state of Gujarat and charge CGST and SGST .

Posted by samirkumar gokulbhai kasvala on Aug 30, 2021

Filed Under GST

Answer ID : 81291

1. As the commercial building and immovable property not exempted 2. Yes, he can raise tax invoice from Maharashtra charge IGST 3. YYes, he can register in Gujarat and change CGST & IGST

Posted by Hari Beldona on Aug 30, 2021
Answer ID : 81295

1. Rental from Commercial Building is taxable. 2. Place of supply would be the place of property. Therefore both the options are available as per your convenience.

Posted by SHUBHAM SONI on Aug 31, 2021