“The Professional Development Committee of ICAI has been striving to
generate professional opportunities for our members in existing and emerging areas
where the professional skills of the members could be utilized.”
Now, let me update you on some major developments pertaining to our Committee during the last month:
- Representations were sent to
- Shri Nitish Kumar, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Bihar,
- Shri Naveen Patnaik, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Odhisha,
- Shri Parkash Singh Badal, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Punjab,
- Dr. Selvi J Jayalalithaa, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu to avail services of Chartered Accountants for conducting various assignments.
- Now, pursuant to request received from Banaras Hindu University, ICAI is organizing a week long training programme for the officials of BHU on conversion from cash to accrual and fund based accounting from 4th June, 2012 to 8th June, 2012 at Central Office, BHU, Varanasi.
- Fifth meeting of the Working Group on Revision in the Norms for Empanelment of Statutory Auditors and Other Issues Related to Appointment of Auditors in Public Sector Banks was held on May 7, 2012. Apart from myself, the meeting was attended by CA. Jaydeep N. Shah, President, ICAI, CA. Subodh K. Agarwal, Vice-President, ICAI, CA. Pankaj Jain, Member, Central Council and CA. Namrata Khandelwal, Secretary, Professional Development Committee.
- Meeting was held with Shri Nishith Goyal, Additional Director, Directorate General of Audit, Customs & Excise to discuss issues of mutual professional interest on May 4, 2012.
- panel of Puducherry based Chartered Accountants/firms to the Principal, Pondicherry Engineering College.
- A panel of West Bengal based Chartered Accountants/firms to the Head of Branch/DIG of Police, Central Bureau of Investigation, Kolkata.
- A district wise panel of Punjab and Chandigarh based Chartered Accountants/firms to the Additional Managing Director , Punjab State Cooperative Bank.
- Tamil Nadu based Chartered Accountant/firms having experience of Statutory Audit of Public Sector Undertakings to the General Manager (Finance), Tamil Nadu Tourism Development Corporation Ltd
- A panel of Union Territory Puducherry based Chartered Accountants/firms to the Mission Director, State Health Mission, Puducherry.
- A panel of Chennai based Chartered Accountants/firms having experience in audit U/s 14/14AA of Central Excise Act 1944 to the Additional Commissioner, Large Taxpayer Unit, Ministry of Finance, Government of India, Chennai.
- A panel of Chennai based Chartered Accountants/firms having experience in Banking, Insurance, Audit of Commercial PSUs, Taxation and Capital Market to the Superintendent of Police, Department of Personnel & Training, Central Bureau of Investigation, Chennai.
- A panel of Tamil Nadu based Chartered Accountant/firms having experience of Statutory Audit of Public Sector Undertakings to the General Manager (Finance), Tamil Nadu Tourism Development Corporation Ltd, Chennai.
I will continue to apprise you of further developmental efforts of Professional Development Committee.
With warm regards,
CA. Charanjot Singh Nanda
Chairman, Professional Development Committee
Mob: +98 111 30985, 92127 00353, 9311130986
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
New Delhi, May 1, 2012
Please Post Your Views at firstname.lastname@example.org