Friday, November 27, 2015
Registered Users : 151738
Current Active Users : 86581


  • Central Coalfields Limited
    Empanelment for the appointment of auditors for physical verification central / regional / charged off stores of CCL & reconciliation of stores barkakana.
    Last Date: Dec 31, 2015
  • Municipal Council- Bundi Rajasthan
    Complete Work Of Accounts.
    Last Date: Dec 24, 2015
  • Karnataka Neeravari Nigam Limited
    Appointment of chartered accountant firms for certification of expenses of special land acquisition offices for FY 99-00 to FY 15-16.
    Last Date: Dec 23, 2015
View More »
Home Forum

Your answers

Question ID : 13751
Whether professional can use dwelling residential premises partly for professional practice?

Whether professional can use dwelling residential premises partly for professional practice?
Click here to Post Your Answer »

posted by RAJENDRA B. POPAT on Jan 25, 2011

filed under IMPORTANT NEWS

Answer ID : 29623
Member's Comment
Yes there is no restriction in this regard, you can very well the residential house property for professional practice as well.

posted by CA. Pawan Kumar Jain on Jan 25, 2011

Answer ID : 29627
Member's Comment
Generally yes, he can but the area which is used for prof practice should be separated from living area.

posted by CA Kishore Bardia on Jan 25, 2011

Answer ID : 29633
Member's Comment

posted by CA. TRIVEDI MANISH UMESHCHANDR on Jan 25, 2011

Answer ID : 29643
Member's Comment
Yes. But ensure that the place is registered with ICAI as your head office or branch.

posted by balasubramanian on Jan 26, 2011

Answer ID : 29648
Member's Comment
Profl. can use

posted by CA.S. NANDAKUMAR on Jan 27, 2011

Answer ID : 29651
Member's Comment
there appesrs to be no bar on a professional using a building for professional as well as official purposes

posted by CA. VENKITARAMAN K V on Jan 27, 2011

Answer ID : 29687
Member's Comment
No restriction from the angle of profession but your local authority may tax the whole building as commercial use.

posted by unnikrishnan nair n on Jan 28, 2011

Answer ID : 29695
Member's Comment
Yes one can use his house for profesional purpose, The Punjab Haryna h c has hold that if the house is used by an advocate for his profesional activity. Then the elctric meter instaled in the hosue will not be convered in to a comercial use(it means the charges for per unit will be the same as of residencial unit Not that of comercial unit). (2) the other Exp. has to be divied used for resi and for office.

posted by VINOD MITTAL,BATHINDA on Jan 28, 2011

Answer ID : 29915
Member's Comment
Dear Rajendra, Law does not define where you need to set up your practice. You can practice at any place as along as you are able to attract clients.

posted by MAHESH R on Feb 04, 2011

Answer ID : 32691
Member's Comment

posted by CA.veerendra.T.Murashillin on May 28, 2011

Answer ID : 40435
Member's Comment
yes. but keep the data d with icai

posted by CA. VENKITARAMAN K V on Oct 02, 2012

Answer ID : 40544
Member's Comment
Yes. There is nothing wrong in it. You can use a house for dwelling and professional purposes. There is no objection from the side of ICAI.

posted by CA SAIBABU RAO NANDURI on Oct 07, 2012


Sign Up!  |  Forgot Password?